Yesterday I thought I'd try my luck at making a vintage Utility Cap.
And I have to say, I'm fairly happy with the results.
Had to make the bill first. I used all cotton thread and Cone Selvedge 12.25oz denim.
Then the sides...
and presto.. a vintage style Utility Cap!
I think I'm going to adjust the pattern a bit, as once you start to make something, you see how you an do it better.
I didn't want a Utility Cap that had a huge top on it like an Engineer cap so this one is a tad smaller.
It fits pretty well, but luckily I made it too big and not too small. I'm giving it a soak right now to shrink it a bit and hopefully it will fit a little more snug. If you can't find what vintage gear you need... make it!